It’s summer and it’s hot. The air conditioning is cranked, shorts and tank tops have been pulled out and pools are finally open.
Here’s a few things to keep in mind this summer.
1. There is no need to buy sunscreen higher than SPF 30, because it blocks out 97% of UVB rays. No matter the SPF, no sunscreen blocks 100%, so you’ll just be wasting your money.
2. On really hot days run your wrists under cool or cold water for about 30 seconds. This helps cool your blood and cool your body temperature.
3. Turning off unnecessary electronics can help keep the house cool. Electronics give off heat, even when on but not in use.
4. Drink water. It is so easy to become dehydrated during the dog days of summer, so make sure you always have water on hand.
5. Lastly, wear loose fitting and breathable clothing. Avoid cotton and denim, because they can trap the heat.
What do you do to stay cool and enjoy the summer months?