Everyone knows they have had to make a presentation at one time or another for anything from school to business. A lot of people don’t know how to make a presentation most effective for the audience. Here are a few tips on how to up your presenting game.

  • Have a main message. You need to have a focus or a thesis for your presentation to make it easy to follow along. It could be the pros and cons of something, why one thing is better than another, why you deserve the job position, etc. Have a point and stick to it.
  • Make the slides last. The most important part of your presentation is not the visual aspects of it, but rather what you are going to say about your main message. Put together your slides after you know what you are going to say.
  • Tell a story. Everyone can relate to personal stories in one way or another, so tell a story that will help people understand exactly what you are trying to say. Maybe even start with the story to draw people in and make your presentation entertaining.
  • The 20/80 rule. Only 20% of your slide should be words, the other 80% should be pictures. Do not read off your slides, it makes it look like you don’t know what you are talking about and that someone else could have done the work for you. Keep your presentation visually appealing; do not make your audience read every word you say. Let your pictures be your notes.
  • Lastly, have fun. Leave something behind. Make yourself memorable. If your presentation really is a good one, everyone will remember exactly what your main message is. Get creative.

Presenting can be a terrifying experience. Be prepared and you will do just fine. Use these few tips in your next presentation you will make your point loud and clear. Good luck!






Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *